It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation….I Peter 1:3
Is this the way I have chosen to live?
Am I peeking around the corner with great expectation?
or am I waiting, crouched, arms over head, for the next blow?
I want to unfold the paper of life like Charlie unwrapped the silver from his Wonka Bar…
fully expecting to see that bit of gold.
I want to believe against hope like Abraham and Sarah,
and when hope seems bankrupt, I want to use my resources for others
To buy someone else a candy bar.
And then when hope is replaced with a gift of giving
anticipation arises for what God can do.
and will do.
and has done.
And what I’ve got is much better than a golden ticket.
Because… I temporarily gave up on my list.
and the picture of beautiful expectation I had experienced dribbled cloudy like a watercolor painting being rained upon.
So I begin again,
a little more humble,
a lot more wise.
Expectation comes in that
His beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
Now to pen these moments
with expectation in community with dearest Ann:
91. For the always thought provoking writing of Madeleine L’Engle. “How marvelous is the ritual of the Holy Mysteries, the Eucharist, where we joyfully eat love.”
92. Flourescent ribbons unfurled across the sky.
93. Giant crunch hamburgers.
94. Laughing birds.
95. Chocolate pudding treat, unexpected in my bag.
96. A novel in my heart…
97. A daughter who says that everything is more fun with her brother around.
98. Neighborhood mysteries.
99. Big answers to small prayers.
100. New job opportunities.
101. Sand between my toes…in January…in the Chicago area!
102. A magical day of mystical findings for my book! Pioneer Chapel.
103. A packet of goodies from a stranger!
104. Hearing sandhill cranes a mile high in the sky.
105. Glitter in an old woman’s hair.
106. Buying a brand new $200 sportscoat at Penney’s for my husband for only $10!
107. Writer’s Calendar and day planner at the Dollar Store.
108. Daughter gets the coveted part of Elizabeth Bennett at Youth Theater!
109. Guest posting at my dear friend Renee’s!
Sharing with Michelle:
…sharing a playdate with Laura:
….finding heaven with Jen:
…hanging out with L.L.: