Life has thrown an unusual amount of curveballs to me, yet I never seem to get an eye for them until they pop in the catcher’s mitt. Because of a series of curveballs, I wasn’t able to purchase my Mother’s Day porch flowers this year. The front of the house looked naked and ashamed without them. I felt like my home’s barrenness proclaimed, “There is no beauty here! Life is too hard for flowers, too uncertain for the permanence of plant life.” Every time I looked out my windows, the empty places where flowers had dwelt reminded me of lack and circumstances beyond my control.
One morning, while pulling out of my driveway, I glanced at my house with longing. “Lord,” I sighed, “I can not buy flowers, but if You could get me some, It would bring me so much joy.” I dared not speak these words out loud. That would seem too selfish. They were heart words, words I blurted out to my closest Friend and Confidant.
He knows, friends. He knows that when life seems void of beauty and your heart seems hard for lack of spirit rain that we need a little pick-me-up. He wants us to draw near; To communicate with Him about the things we would never reveal to anyone else.
I arrived at work that morning, full of lists and ideas, when one of the volunteers mentioned, “I’ve got a flat of impatients in the car. Does anyone want them?”
A smile so big it hurt spread across my face. He loves me! He hears me! He cares about my front porch being a place of abundant beauty.
You see friends, now I look out my window and see frivolous abundance. I don’t look at the world through impoverished eyes because if He cares about my daily dose of beauty, then He cares about all of my needs.
Unspoken heart prayers are the ones I see answered most and with greatest ease. The Lover of my soul is always wooing me and calling me His beloved..and I dance; dance in His adoration of me.
Counting with Ann:
42. Gift unwanted: broken heart’s tears releasing floodgates of healing.
43. Gift unlikely: long response to letter.
Three gifts in His Word:
44. He has preordained good works for me!
45. Guidance. Luke 9-10
46. Love letters written to me…
Three gifts moving:
47. Fan cooling
48. Trees in wave offering to their Creator
49. God moving on my life by moving the hearts of others.
Three gifts in your Dad:
52. Just this. https://journeytoepiphany.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/in-my-fathers-house-toys-linkup/
Three gifts in your Heavenly Father:
53. His artistry
54. His love in the form of answered heart prayers.
55. His boundless wisdom.
Three gifts I became today in serving.
56. Deliverer: getting to deliver dressers to needy single mom!
57. Encourager: called a friend to encourage
58. One willing to make sacrifices: skipped lunch to accommodate friend’s and co-workers schedule
59. Getting up at 3 am to clean house
60. A gift sent: first check from Family Fire writing gig!
61. A gift beautiful: new art at Millennium Park.
62. A gift loved: Time spent with best blogging friend, Once A Little Girl .
Three gifts found in light:
63. His Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
64. Rare green traffic lights
65. Display of lightening.
66. (Extra!). Light dances.
Finding beauty in three things that are difficult:
67. Being in true fellowship with others (always worth the effort)
68. Planning a major fundraiser at the same time as planning 2 new ministries and the Chicago Project.
69. Getting to spend time with the kids since I have no car….
…sharing a playdate with Laura:
and at a new place for writers Unforced Rhythms of Grace.
and with beautiful Jennifer Dukes Lee…
9 thoughts on “When God Answers Your Unspoken Requests”
First thing that popped into my head/heart: “If our Father clothes the grass, waters the flowers, feeds the birds – how much more will He care for us?” We are His passion and heart – and gives us the desires of ours. Enjoy those impatiens and remember, don’t let them get dry because they will wilt!!! xo Love you and praying for your needs every morning with my co-worker.
Susan, you have bee such a faithful prayer warrior friend, I appreciate you more than you know.
Aha! YOu are on my gratitude list today, best-blogger girlfriend.
Great minds think alike!
You are someone to be grateful for, to be sure!
Our God is so very personal, and The Lover of Our Souls just loves to delight us with special gifts. When people are going through difficult times, and I’m not sure what to pray, I often go with “Please, God. Show up and be big.” And I love the way sometimes his showing up “big” reveals itself in “small” ways. Love your story and am confident God will continue to show His love for you over and over again. Thank you for linking to Unforced Rhythms.
Beth, I love this prayer that you pray for others…may I imitate you in this? Thank you for your kind words…
Beautiful post! I am so happy you have flowers to enjoy. 🙂
Me too…I am so glad to serve a God Who care about everything, big or little….