Waiting. With Anticipation.
Each day, children wait
to open the presents under the tree.
they check them for size and shape,
weight and balance.
Shaking them to discover
if they make a sound.
they anticipate opening day.
Filled with awe and wonder.
Each day, we wait
to find the gifts He’s left behind.
Cradling His love letter,
We whisper words of praise,
singing songs of delight.
We search for unexpected
objects of beauty
in places so obvious
That they aren’t noticed anymore.
We are filled with awe and wonder.
84. Snow, a Christmas miracle.
85. Grown up daughter baking Christmas cookies while listening to music that I haven’t asked to listen to…someday I’ll miss this…
86. Nutella and pretzels.
87. Seeing daughter bring the house down in Christmas production.
88. Looking at the beautiful stage my son helped design for the production at church.
89. Going out to eat with two of my favorite guys…
90. Cutest present under the tree.
Congratulations to Jennifer at To Tell You The Truth for winning the angel photo prompt!
I know that this week will be busy for all of us, so I’ve decided to post the week’s photo prompts:
Monday – A Gift
Tuesday – Salvation Army Bellringer
Wednesday – Advent Calendar
Thursday – Snowflake
Friday – Nativity
The linkup will be from now through Friday. I will go through the posts and gather the pics for the correct days. Thanks so much for your participation, this has been fun! Link up your post featuring a photo with a theme listed above. Include my blog button, and visit other “hunt” blogs. Stop by tomorrow to vote for your favorite “gift” picture. Have fun! (Blog links must be provided before 7:00 AM CST, in order to be voted on 🙂 ) I have no idea why the number of links doesn’t update…There are participants!
There were no entries for the outdoor lights photo contest.
and with dearest Michelle: